Christmas Beef Wellington (Gordon Ramsay style).
You can cook Christmas Beef Wellington (Gordon Ramsay style) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas Beef Wellington (Gordon Ramsay style)
- Prepare 220 g of tenderloin center cut (abt 1.5cm thick).
- Prepare 1 sheet of puff pastry.
- You need of English mustard sauce.
- Prepare 6-8 slices of Parma ham / prosciutto (depending on size).
- It’s of Egg wash.
- You need of Duxelle.
- It’s 1/2 of packet mushrooms.
- It’s 4 of chestnuts.
- Prepare 2 of cloves garlic.
- You need of Few sprigs of thyme (leaves only).
- It’s 1/2 of red onion / large shallots.
- Prepare of Dash of white wine.
Christmas Beef Wellington (Gordon Ramsay style) step by step
- Preheat oven to 230°C..
- Season the beef with salt n pepper generously. Leave aside..
- Grind mushrooms, chestnuts, shallots, garlic, thyme together..
- Sear the meat with butter and olive oil. Set aside and brush with mustard while hot..
- Use the same pan and remaining oil to sautee mushroom mix and add salt pepper. Cook until liquid evaporates. Add a dash of white wine to deglaze and sautee until the mix dries again. Duxelle is ready..
- Spread ham over cling wrap, layer duxelle on top, place seared tenderloin and then cover with more duxelle and ham (if needed). Wrap tightly with cling wrap and refrigerate for a few minutes..
- Thaw your frozen pastry puff on a cling wrap until it's malleable. Place the beef on it and wrap tightly. Freeze for 15 mins or refrigerate overnight..
- Beat an egg and add a dash of water. Take out beef pastry from feezer and brush with egg wash. Score the top back of a knife and sprinkle salt..
- Bake for 25-30 mins. REST the wellingtons for 5-10 minutes before cutting!.
- Serve with red wine reduction sauce. (lihat resep).