Sambal tempe. One of my favorites and also very simple to make is Sambal Goreng Tempeh. It's easy to make and doesn't take a lot of time and ingredients. The taste is so good, it opens a whole new palette for any rice-based dishes.
Mix the water with the salt. Drain, heat in a wok the oil and fry the tempeh golden brown. Put in a mixing bowl, add the sambal and salt, and mix. You can cook Sambal tempe using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sambal tempe
- It’s 1/2 papan of tempe potong sesuai selera.
- It’s 2 siung of bawang putih.
- You need 4 buah of cabe merah dan rawit bisa ditambah kl suka pedes.
- It’s 1 buah of tomat.
- Prepare 4 buah of cabe hijau.
- Prepare secukupnya of Garam, penyedap,gulpas.
Put the tempeh in the hot pan and toss. Fry for a few minutes, tossing occasionally in order to get a lovely colouring on all sides. Sambal Goreng- Tahu Tempe This is a Malaysian/Singapore vegetarian dish. 'Sambal Goreng' is made of Soya Bean Cake (Tahu or Tau Kwa), Fermented Soya Bean cake (Tempe), Long beans and spices. Simmered in an aromatic coconut based gravy to perfection, this dish is so delicious served with steamed white rice.
Sambal tempe step by step
- Rebus semua bahan sambel…dan goreng tempe sampe matang.
- Jika bahan sambel sudah matang uleg kasar tambahkan garam, penyedap dan sedikit gulpas. sambal bisa digoreng dlu atau langsung tambahkan tempe.
- Terakhir masukkan tempe kemudian uleg tempe dan aduk rata. Sambal tempe siap di santap dengan nasi hangat.
Sambal Goreng (Fried Tofu & Tempeh) is a vegetable dish made of soya bean cake, tempeh (fermented soya bean cake), long bean and spices simmered in aromatic coconut based gravy. It is so popular in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia easily obtainable from food vendors around these countries. Sambal Goreng Tempe, which translates to Spicy Fried Tempeh is quite easy to put together. and oh so delicious. The last time I made it I didn't have any curry leaves, went light on the Chilies and served it over rice. Next time I am looking forward to tossing in some flat rice noodles at the end, to kind of recreate 'drunken noodles'.