Raddish salad (acar lobak korea/mu saengchae). Saengchae is a general term for salad-like dishes made with uncooked vegetables. Musaengchae is made with a radish. There are several variations, such as non-spicy, sweet and sour radish salad.
A good quality Korean radish is firm, and the taste is juicy, sweet, and crunchy! Choosing a good radish is very important to make good musaengchae. Photo : Shutterstock South Korean cuisine (known generally as Koream cuisine) has spread far and wide in recent years. You can cook Raddish salad (acar lobak korea/mu saengchae) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Raddish salad (acar lobak korea/mu saengchae)
- It’s 1 buah of lobak, potong seperti korek.
- It’s 1 batang of daun bawang, iris kecil.
- You need 1 sdt of garam.
- It’s 1 siung of bawang putih, cincang halus.
- Prepare 1 sdt of wijen.
- It’s 1-2 sdm of madu.
- It’s 2 sdm of bubuk cabe.
In many western countries, Korean barbecue and Korean ramen are very popular with all kinds of foodies who probably don't know much about the country of origin. Saengchae is a general term for salad-like dishes made with uncooked vegetables. Formu saengchae, I like to salt the radish first to draw out some water for extra crunch. Mooseangche is a salad made from the Korean radish (moo).
Raddish salad (acar lobak korea/mu saengchae) step by step
- Marinasi lobak dengan garam, diamkan selama 45 menit hingga lobak mengeluarkan air, kemudian buang airnya dan tiriskan lobak.
- Tambahkan bawang putih, daun bawang, wijen, cabe bubuk dan madu, aduk rata menggunakan tangan sambi meremas2 lobak, tes rasa.
- Dinginkan sekitar 30 menit di dalam kulkas, acar lobak siap disajikan.
Radishes are great because it has various digestive enzymes (diastase, amylase, and esterase) that help us digest carbs, fats and proteins. Growing up, I remember seeing many Korean adults drink the juice of a radish kimchi whenever they had indigestion and now I know why. MuSaengChae is a Korean radish side dish. Koreans serve this with rice, different kinds of Korean soup, and other side dishes for our daily meals. The flavor is a little spicy, sour, and sweet.